This is an example of how to use Chrome's built in speech recognition with Google docs.
Google Docs does not have built in speech recognition but Chrome/Google.com does.
- Open up a Google docs document in Chromium.
- Hold down control and tap n for a new window.
- Navigate to Google.com.
You should see a microphone icon on the right side of the search box.
(dictate, copy/paste a sentence at a time.)
- Click the microphone and speak a sentence.
- Hold down control and tap a to highlight the entire sentence.
- Hold down control and tap c for copy.
- Hold down alt and tap tab navigate back to google docs.
- Hold down control and tap v for paste.
- Hold down alt and tap tab navigate back to Google.com
repeat the sequence
Hint: Start with a period to get Google to space and capitalize correctly.
Voice dictation is far from perfect. But it is an effective tool especially for a dyslexic user.