Friday, May 28, 2010

Linux Domain / File Server

Our Windows 2003 server had major problems last week $$$$. Not good at the end of a school budget. But a perfect opportunity to try Ebox Linux Server. So I put together a Ebox Office server, added the users, copied their files on, and chown -R their directories. So far - working like a champ.

200+ users

Ebox 1.4
I added icewm (windows manager), ivman (hotplug USB), nedit (editor), and nautilus (file manager).

So far - so good I haven't observed it under a heavy load yet but it doesn't look like its going to be a problem.

1 comment:

  1. I've been using it for 10 months now and it is still working great. The only time the log show any noticeable load is in the middle of the night when it does its backup.

    Easy to setup, easy to manage, very reliable, free. I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete